Did you know that the Gynaecology Clinic in London has experienced gynaecologists offering a full range of treatment? Do you also know that you can get the one of the best consultation and medical services at the Gynaecology Clinic London? For any gynaecology issue that threatens your health and reproductive cycle, get good and quality medical attention at the Gynaecology Clinic.
We effectively handle medical cases like endometriosis, menopausal health, and PCOS amongst others. When you come to us, we carry out certain procedures to look for the best possible method to profer solutions to your health issues. Whether you are looking for experienced gynaecology experts, some of the latest medical facilities and equipment in the medical field, good reception, special treatment and doting care? We have it all.
This explains why we are capable of treating PCOS.
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age. Women with PCOS have hormonal imbalance and metabolism problems that may affect their overall health and appearance. It can cause prolonged or infrequent menstrual periods or excess androgen (male hormone) levels in women. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicle) and fail to release eggs regularly.
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. With our early diagnosis and treatment along with weight loss, you can escape long-term complications like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
What are the symptoms?
Around the time of the first menstrual period during puberty, signs and symptoms of PCOS often develop. These symptoms vary, but a diagnosis of PCOS is made when you experience at least two of these signs:
- Irregular periods: The most common sign of PCOS is infrequent, irregular or prolonged menstrual cycles. For instance, you might have fewer than nine periods a year, more than 35 days between periods and abnormally heavy periods.
- Polycystic ovaries: Your ovaries may be bigger and contain follicles that surround the eggs. Due to this enlargement, the ovaries might not function properly.
- Excess androgen: Heightened levels of the male hormone may result in physical signs, like excess facial and body hair (hirsutism), and periodic severe acne and male-pattern baldness.
The signs and symptoms of PCOS are more severe if you are obese.
If you are having concerns about your menstrual periods, or experiencing infertility, or even having signs of excess androgen such as worsening hirsutism, acne and male-pattern baldness, then an appointment with our medical team with vast experience over the years will be ideal. PCOS does not have an exact cause, but factors that might play a role are:
- Excess insulin
- Low-grade inflammation
- Excess androgen
Complications of PCOS can be:
- Miscarriage or premature birth
- Gestational diabetes or pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes or prediabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis—a cluster of conditions including high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels that significantly increase your risk of cardiovascular disease.
PCOS care treatment at the Gynaecology Clinic is nothing short of amazing. Request an appointment today. We are waiting to hear from you.