6 Symptoms to Book Appointment with A Gynae Immediately
Gynaecology is a specialised branch of medicine, which deals with women’s health and wellbeing. A gynaecologist helps with the cases of sexuality, prenatal care, infertility, contraception, menstrual problems among women. It is also their responsibility to provide consultation and guidance to woman contraception.
Dr. Hikmat Naoum, a highly respected gynaecologist in London, who treats patients at his Harley Street clinic, points out gynaecologists play a vital role in the life of women. By virtue of their profession, gynaecologists are most ideal medics to provide accurate solutions to female-related issues that is a little hard to diagnose and uncomfortable to discuss with for other specialist doctors.
So how would you know when you need visiting a gynaecologist?
Here are some symptoms that you should not ignore and visit a gynaecologist immediately.
- Lumps on the breast: Breasts are the most susceptible area in the female anatomy for lumps to grow. People relate these lumps to breast cancer, although in reality, the majority of them are benign and non-cancerous. Non-cancerous lumps result from a mixture of glandular and fibrous tissues. In medical terminology, they are called fibroadenoma. Whenever you come across a lump, you don’t know whether it is cancerous or not. It is your duty to visit a gynaecologist to get it diagnosed. Technology has improved sufficiently in recent times in the form of ultrasound, biopsy, mammogram and X-ray to assess lumps correctly.
- Abnormal bleeding: Abnormal bleeding is a widely used term to denote conditions like lengthier periods, bleeding between periods and heavy regular periods. Bleeding post-menopause is also considered as abnormal bleeding. Do not wait if you experience any of these conditions and see a gynaecologist immediately.
- Vaginitis: Vagintis or vaginal discharge is a common gynae problem and almost every woman experiences it at least once in life. There are effective treatments for the problem, and it is almost entirely curable. You may have to face several questions related to your sexual habits and history, which could be uncomfortable to you. This will be followed by a diagnosis.
- Pain in urinating: This problem is often caused by urinary tract infection (UTI). Treatment is provided based on how far the infection has spread. The symptoms include dark coloured urine, frequent urination, occasional bleeding during urinating and low back pain. The problem is thoroughly curable.
- Irregularities in the menstrual cycle: Women experiencing Irregular or recurrent menstrual cycles (within 21 days or less) must go for a gynae visit immediately. Women missing periods, periods lingering beyond seven days or having heavy periods should also follow suit.
- Pain: Pain in the lower abdomen, around the pelvic area or severe menstrual cramps should never be ignored either. A number of factors may cause such symptoms, including fibroids, tumours and ovarian cysts.
Private gynaecologist appointment in London is also suggested if you experience pain during or after sexual intercourse. Only a qualified gynae can suitably handle these cases and provide necessary solutions.